Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Little Personal

Not much new on the blogging front. I am ready to start back to school on Monday and get back into the swing of things...of course I need to finish my lesson plans first, but I still have tomorrow to write them. In a few weeks, Anna and I will venture into a new world. I have scheduled us to make out very own Lapbook. LOL!! We got to a certain lesson in Science (while I was writing Lesson Plans) and it said to take a field trip to the zoo. LOL!! What Zoo?? I live in a place with no zoo. We are big enough for a zoo, but there just isn't one. How sad for our kiddos! so, next time we head up to Dallas, if the weather cooperates, we are going to the zoo!! In the mean time, I decided this was the perfect opportunity to do a Lapbook on a Wild Animal. Anna picked a lion. I am not completely surprised by this as she has a fascination with the Lion King. Anyways, I am starting to find the little things I need to put in the book, so when we are ready, we can study it and make the book. I hope I can get it all figured out!! It will be fun and educational at the same time.

My other goal is to spend more time with other kids. Maybe do play dates of sorts. She is with me a lot during the day and I think it will be better served for her to have others to hang out with and all, so I am trying to figure out how to work all that in. I feel very much like an outsider in a lot of the homeschool groups because we are homeschooling by the seat of our pants, literally. I do not have the luxury of staying home full-time with Anna as we do not bring in very much. Think of working lower to middle class. That's us!! :-) We actually would qualify for some help from the government, but we would have to sell J's car. Are you kidding me. There's only three payments left!! Three!! YES!! I am very excited about that and we will feel so much better without that payment, even though we plan to put half of it back in a savings account for another car one day or repairs to the two we've got. We will have quite a bit in extra money. Now, do I make him pay the car insurance? LOL!! Anyhow, I veered off the reason for this paragraph. Let's see if I can't get back. I want Anna to spend time learning how to interact with other children appropriately, so I am trying to decide how to fit that in. Do we join other groups that we are no completely comfortable with? Do we just keep trudging and pray that God opens up some friends to us? I want her to have other people in her life. I want her life to be full. We do have some good people we interact with, but we need to take it on a more personal level. I pledge to get my house clean and allow more people to come visit and play. I may not have a big space, but it is ours and I remember always having people at our house growing up, so that's what I am going to do. we are going to invite others over. That way I can know I am doing my best for my little girl.

Ok, I think that's about as personal as I can get on here without telling my life story and this is long enough. I am continuing to pray about this situation and that God will lead us where he wants. Have a good day everyone and may God richly bless you all.

3 comments:

Enid said...

I think you have a great plan girl. This last year is where I will say I am letting more people to come in to my home, I think is important that you give your self time to grow some relationships for her. For me haven't been easy..trust me..looks like is easy for me..but honetly is not. I am just obeying what God want me to do, and as I trust is turning out great. I wish you can come to play days..it will do wonders for you two. I will continue praying for your homeschool.

Enid said...

Also I wanted to thank you, I have seen this lapbook site before, but wasn't the time for me to do lapbooks, so anyways we will be using this site a lot...we will be using it for our science class as one school house..we will start with Animal classification, look such a fun thing to start classes with. Thank You again!

We're Blessed said...

I'm excited that you are incorporating Lapbooks into your schooling! The girls love doing theirs and they still look at the ones they have done! Keep praying about the "socialization" situation. If you aren't comfortable in a group, then Anna won't be either. We do need to get together again! It has been a LONG Christmas vacation with C being home! Maybe we can plan something in the next couple of weeks!