Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How Short is Too Short??

Well, on Sunday I decided to go in for a hair cut. Yes, I said a hair cut.

Apparently, I didn't do a good job conveying what I wanted, and the girl started to cut anyways. UGH!! Mistake number one made!!

The girl kept cutting and pretty soon I realized that she completely missed what I had asked for!! AACK!! Mistake number two!!

Mistake number three....she cut the back of my hair beautifully and left the top and sides to stick out, which I couldn't tell while I was there. I loved the way she cut the back though, I just didn't know what to do with the rest of it. I also couldn't tell what it "really" looked like because it was wet.


I went home and looked in the mirror and pretty much decided that I had clown hair. Yes, you read that right clown hair. You know the way their hair basically sticks out all over. That is what I looked like. I actually cried about my hair several times. I was devastated that I looked that way. I couldn't fix it and I felt bad going back to her, so I cried some more. I was very upset. You have no idea what its like to have clown hair, unless you have been there. (Sorry, no pictures, just the description.)

My mom felt bad and said that it looked like she only gave me half a hair cut. (My mom is a person who knows how to cut hair, but hasn't done it in years due to health issues and such.) She agreed that the back looked good, but the rest should have been cut to match it. We all knew that. I begged my momma to fix it and she did fix it Monday morning. The resulting hair cut it short. YES, short. VERY short. But, I don't look like a clown anymore!! YEAH!! Thanks Mom!! Here is a picture showing the result of my mom's fix.


This is much easier to deal with, but not what I had planned to begin with, but since hair dresser number one REALLY messed up my hair (she will NEVER touch my hair again), this is what had to be done. I am not sure I want to see it growing out. That is going to be a horrible stage, but yes, I will grow it back out to where I wanted it and NEVER see that lady again. My mom did a good job with what was left!!

Anyways, I said it was short. I can't really do anything with it, that's how short we are. About an inch on all sides. Now, any ideas for growing it back out gracefully??
P.S. Oh yeah...Anna got a hair cut too. We had 3 inches taken off the back and she asked for bangs. Can you believe I gave in and let her get bangs again? I wonder how long they will take to grow out this time.

2 comments:

Sarah Boyette said...

I think I had the same hairstylist the day before my senior pictures in high school. I look like an old lady in them. They need to have hairstylists that specialize in those of us with curly hair!

We're Blessed said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry that you had such a bad hair experience!!! It does look cute though...your mom did a good job of fixing it! You can try wearing some headbands or those scarves that are thin and you kind of wear like a headband...but with a tail (of sorts...if that makes sense). Anna's hair looks cute!