Monday, January 5, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside!!

At least for a little while. I was awakened to the sound of the doorbell at 6:35am. Yes, 6:35 in the morning. I couldn't figure out what in the world was going on and so I went and peeked through the blinds first. There stood my husband freezing. I opened the door and saw what he needed. There was a nice layer of ice over almost everything and Loop traffic was slowed to a crawl. UGH! ICE!! I do not like ice. Snow I can handle, but ice, not so much. I can drive it, but I do not like the loss of control you can get on it. In any case, that's what we have this morning is ice. Jeremy called me a little while ago and he made it in to work okay. He said it is very slick all the way down, but at least he made it in. I am glad for that. We on the other hand will not be heading out until absolutely necessary today. I need to go get mom's medicine and pay the rent before work, so I will do so then. I highly doubt we will venture out before then. Anyhow, I guess I am glad we have lots of stuff to do at home still. It will keep us busy. We are even going "back to school" today, so it will keep us busy. Have a good day all and stay warm. God bless!!

No comments: