Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Young Girl

I have a young girl on my mind and she has been there since yesterday sometime. This young girl came in to the store and was just minding her business shopping when a regular man comes in and asks her a question. He always asks questions about Bible stuff, so I have no doubt that is what it was. She apparently didn't like his answer and asked him to prove it. He told her it was in the Bible, but maybe couldn't tell her where. (I wasn't standing there the whole time.) This girl was only about 13-14 I am guessing. Anyhow, she told him that he couldn't prove his point and he told her that he did, it was in the Bible. I am not sure what the point being argued was, as I was busy working, but I am concerned and would like people to pray for this young girl and pray that she does not turn off Jesus because of this one man being foolish. He is a large and intimidating man and he has pulled this on me. I don't argue with him though I usually just walk away. She felt the need to argue back her point. Anyhow, when she left, he said "That's whats wrong with young people these days, they don't know how to read the Bible." UGH!! I am 32 years old and I never read my Bible faithfully until recently. I knew what I was supposed to do, but to many people, myself included, the Bible is intimidating. I can read it alright, but to read a truly understand is a different story. There are a LOT of things I don't know, but I can tell you this much, intimidating me in front of people and asking me things will only turn me off more if I was that young girl. I am asking that you all pray for this girl and pray that this is not a negative experience with the Word. I am asking you to pray that this is not the point that completely turns her away. That's all. He should never have done that and it was very sad for me to walk over at various points and still hear them going. She was a very brave young girl and I feel that this kind of negative experience can turn her off. It would have turned me off at 13 or 14, in a heart beat. Pray for this girl, that's all. Thanks and God bless.

2 comments:

Lubbock Homeschool Moms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
We're Blessed said...

I am praying for her...and the man!!!