Monday, December 1, 2008

It Could Be Worse

Well, today I took Anna to the Doctor. I know, I know. She has not been sick. She has really bad hands. I mean bad as in dry. Super dry!! They have been aching, er, uhm, I mean "stinging" her, really bad. They were even changing colors and it made me worry that they might be infected. So, after 3 weeks of trying different soap, zinc oxide, neosporin, lots and lots of lotion, and numerous other things, it was off to the doctor we went today. The diagnosis: She washes her hands too much. Yes! You read that right. My 7 year old washes her hands too much. LOL!! He prescribed some steroid cream to help clear it up and then said no more antibacterial soap for her at all. She is only to use Dove unscented for sensitive skin. She is also to use Eucerin or Aveeno cream after every hand-washing. UGH!! So, we got the prescription and she is fine with it. I couldn't believe that was my daughter's diagnosis. Too much hand-washing. Like I said, it could be worse!!

On an up side, the clinic I have been taking her to has finally decided that she needed a primary care doctor there after 2 years!! YEAH!! So, she will start seeing a regular doctor at the follow-up visit in 3 weeks. I hope I like her, she is supposed to be good. I just want Anna to be treated nice.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

Bummer! I have had tremendous problems with dry hands over the years..sometimes to the point of them cracking and bleeding! I totally understand!!!