Saturday, November 1, 2008

OK

Ok, last night was different. Unfortunately, I think the kids got too mixed up in trying to beat out one another with handing out bags, so the little ones didn't get to give out as many. The bigger kids would hop right off the trailer before we could get the younger kids down. I think it was kind of sad and would prefer that there was more order to the whole thing. I was busy getting in and out of the trailer all night and lifting kids out of it and putting kids back in to it. You know I was helping the little kids. They were scared to go by themselves, some of them. I was a little disappointed with it, because I specifically asked some of the parents to make the bigger kids sit for a round or two and they didn't. They went around the other side and got more bags and the kids were always the first ones off. I think the kids were missing the whole point of the thing and it really broke my heart. Unless there are changes for next year, we will do something else yet again. It was not what I was expecting and I really wished it were better. Don't get me wrong, the concept is great and all and the kids had fun, but when it turns into more of a competition, the basic idea is lost. UGH! Anyhow!

As for today, I am going to work and then make sure everything is in my car for Anna's birthday party tomorrow. No, her birthday is not tomorrow, but her party is. Her birthday is actually on the 7th, Friday. I can't believe my baby girl is turning 7 already. That was another thing we completely lost what we did one year for Halloween. I listed what we did for 3 of the years, but I have lost the second year, 2005. How we lost that year, is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that we stayed home. We had a bunch of kids at that point and we may not have gone out. Who knows. Well, time for getting ready and moving. Have a good day all. God Bless.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

I'm sorry that it didn't work out quite like you had hoped. We just stay home, turn off the outside lights (and any lights that can be seen from the outside) and go about our regular evening. We will continue to pray that the children that received the tracks, will be blessed by the ministry!