Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sad Day!

I thought Black Friday was set up for deals, but with a shooting in California and a death and injuries in New York, is it really worth all that? I mean good grief. It is so sad. I did NOT venture out at 4am or 5am for anything. There was nothing worth it to me. Besides that, I was set to work early yesterday and that would have made me extra tired. This just shows how over the top people get for STUFF! Yes, STUFF!! None of that is worth it in the end. It made me extra grateful that we are clearing out stuff and keeping important things, like pictures and family videos. Those things are important and will always be there. Toys for your kids, video games, movies, the latest clothes. YEAH, all that is nice, but it all amounts to just stuff. People here locally know I have been clearing out our STUFF!! After years and years of accumulating, something hit me a few years ago and I have gotten rid of a lot of it. There is no need to keep things forever. Someone else can make use of it. I have either sold it on Craigslist or gave it away on Freecycle. Both are great for clearing out stuff. What doesn't go this way, goes to charity. I am only part way done what I set out to start, but I feel better every time I give away more. But this feeling of not accumulating things we will not use or just to be bigger and better than whoever is gone from my spirit. Yes, we still get toys, but when I notice others not being played with for months on end, I pass them on. When I find something in the closet that hasn't been worn in years, I pass it on. Why hoard all this stuff that you really won't use. We always have what we need, but I try to not have a whole bunch of extras. Keeping up with the Smith's or the Jones' is not for me. Anyways, back to my original reason for posting, it saddens me that people have to die on what was supposed to be a fun day, for stuff. Yes, it all amounts to just things and none of them, YES none of them are worth a person's life. No matter what. I pray for the families of all those who died. For the reasons they died is greed and the families have to live with that forever. It was a sad day yesterday to catch that in the news. Very sad.

No comments: