Monday, November 17, 2008

Lesson Learned, but Why?

Ok, my lesson is learned. My daughter for some reason can not tell me when she is full. She is too busy trying to please and when I said eat all her lunch (because I wasn't thinking clearly and served my 7 year old the same size lunch as myself) she tried to eat it all and made her self sick. Yes, sick. She shoved so much food in her mouth at one time that she physically made her self throw up. She gagged herself. Why can she not just say she is full. UGH! So, after she did that 3 times(small amounts), she was fine the rest of the day. If she would have said she was full, I would have pulled the plate, but she never said anything and is so big on pleasing people. She spent 40 minutes after that playing in the bath tub, then watched a movie and then played fine the rest of the day. We had a pillow fight, she played with her toys, she ate some supper. Everything was fine. Got me. I just wish she would use her words. I talked to her and told her that if she was full, she needed to tell me so we could take care of it. I don't want to have to clean that up again.

After that mess, I relocated a bookshelf, vacuumed up the gross mess where the bookshelf once was and all the dead flies on the window sills. That's what I get for locating shelves in front of the bottom part of my windows. Not sure they are going back there. I also relocated, for the 4th time in 2 months, Anna's toys. We are making room in the living room for our Christmas tree!! It is time ladies and gentlemen for our tree to go up and all our Christmas decorations!! YEAH!! I am so excited about this. I love our tree and I love Christmas lights!! I can't wait to put them up again. This has been a long process in the making. We have rearranged and sold and gave away a bunch of stuff to ensure that our tree could go up. I am so happy!! I will post pictures of it, if I ever get that far!! :-) The good part is now I have the space.

Well, I better go for now. Time to get ready and do school for the day. That is of course AFTER Anna decides to wake up. Have a great week all and God Bless!!

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

I am having to learn not to say, "you have to eat all your food". I have gotten to where I will just give a little and then if they want more...then I give a little more. That way they feel that they have more control over how much they eat. I hope that made sense! LOL