Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Anna's List

Anna has been writing a list of what "she" wants to give everyone for Christmas. Here is her list so far:

Dad: Goofy Shirts
Mom: Flowers
Nanny: Flowers
Grammy: Hershey's Kisses
PaPa Hershey's Kisses
Kendra: Horse
Amber: Horse
Avery: Horse
Andy: Dog

LOL! As you can see, her list is getting long and expensive. VERY expensive. She wants to get the girls all $25 horses. :-) Very cute idea, but not remotely possible. We will of course get people something, but I don't think Anna is understanding the concept of money. I asked her where she was getting the money and she looks at me matter of factly and says "my piggy bank." Now keep in mind we usually just give her pennies. Occasionally she will get nickels and dimes, but not very often. This child probably has less than $4 in her piggy bank. It is too cute to have her make a list for everyone though. It shows that she wants to give gifts and not just receive them. Maybe some things we are teaching her ARE getting through. Now, how do i break it to her that the list is not even remotely possible? That is going to be traumatic. I already told her it probably is not possible, but she tries anyways. Well, I just thought I would share how sweet my little Anna is. She has a kind heart. Hope you all have a good day.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

Ok...here is what we did last year... I gave my kids $5 and told them to go pick out whatever they wanted to get for us (mom and dad) and each other...at Dollar Tree! They have some really neat things and the kids thought it was awesome to even be "shopping" like "big people"! LOL We will be doing it again this year!!!