Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This and That

School?! Well, remember a few weeks ago I said we were starting school? HAHAHA!!! LOL!! We did two days and then I decided it was still VERY much summer and I wasn't ready yet, even though Anna was and she was doing great. Anyhow, I am now thinking, since it is essentially August now, that we need to do school. LOL!! I guess it is me saying that its ALMOST time. I need to get into a better morning routine again and stop staying up so darn late at night. It is killing my drive in the morning. We will get there though. School is important.

Speaking of school, our church is doing a school supply drive for the people in the area by our church that need the help. While I was at Wal-Mart, yes, I resigned myself to a trip to that store...ugh, anyhow, while I was there, I decided to pick up a few things, I mean it wasn't that expensive to get a few things for the kids. Just because I homeschool and it works for our family doesn't mean its right for everyone, so I went to buy some of their cheap school supplies to add to our drive. While in an aisle, looking for deals, a lady and what looked like her children (two girls) asked what we were shopping for and I told her we were picking up a few things for the school supply drive at our church. She said that was nice and I never thought anything of it again. A few minute later, she handed me some money and a stack of notebooks to take to the supply drive. She said that it was pressed on her heart to do this. I was in shock. I told her thank you and went to pay. Those are in my car to drop off tonight. :-) Thanks again to the nice lady. Our supply drive will be richer because of your generosity. I know the kids who end up with the supplies will appreciate it. :-) I always donate to the back to school drives because I remember back in my public school teaching days all the kids who would come without. I always used to buy out of my pocket to make sure they all had their own crayons and their own pencil box, so I think these drives are important.

Alright, time to get on with the day. Have I mentioned that my daughter is having pictures on Friday? we have never done summer pictures, so we are doing them this Friday. I am super excited. Hoping for a beach type background. We are also taking our first trip to Portrait Innovations. I hope its good. I am excited that we will get our picture back that day and that is something new for us. I will let you know how it goes. You all know I am a picture person. I mean come on have you seen the family pictures all over my house? Do you know how many, many disks of digital pictures I need to develop? LOL!! Alright, I am truly going now. Have a great day and please pray for God's hand on help with mom's rent. Yes, the rent to August. We really depend strictly on donations to pay her rent. Anyways, thanks. God Bless!!

No comments: