Friday, August 8, 2008

Pictures

Well, we ventured into new territory today with pictures (refer to previous days post about where we went). It was fun and they had great backgrounds. We even got the pictures in 15 minutes. I am sure their intent is to capture some moments where the subjects are actually doing something, but my poor daughter has never had this experience before and therefore she was stiff as a board. LOL!! She is used to take the picture and go. They took like 75 pictures today and we got 3. Yes, just 3 different poses. It was fun and if I could afford their prices, we would have gotten more. Here are the three we ended up with:

The basic package:

A pose I liked:

Too cute for words:

The basic package one is just something that I thought suited my daughter to a tee!! She is so beautiful and the picture just showed her personality and everything. There was something about that second pose that I like as well, so I go us one copy of it. The black background one is a picture of a picture. LOL!! We got a 10X13 and it was too big for my scanner. In any case, you get the idea that it is gorgeous!!

I did find a downside to this great store....you can never re-order or buy more later. They delete the files after you get your pictures all printed out. Sad, huh! Anyhow, overall it was a great experience. We will probably go back, because it was fun AND you can't beat getting all your pictures the same day!!

2 comments:

We're Blessed said...

Beautiful pics!!! She looks so grown up...well, as much as she can! LOL Thanks for sharing! E said they were "neat" (the beach ones) and "beautiful" (the one with the rose). I may need to check that place out! :D

Mom22girls said...

(Sorry my comment is so LONG!! I LOVE pictures!!

Cute pix!! We have portraits taken a lot of our girls. I love going to Portr.ait Inn.ovations. I normally use Se.ars (our youngest is picky & LOVES a photographer there) but for the number of portraits in the $9.95 package at P.I. you can't go wrong! (Plus Sears has really went up in price). Our Se.ars photographer was disappointed that we used P.I. also. I told her (she's the manager) if she matched the price of P.I. then Se.ars would get the business instead but they can't do it. It was really nice at Christmas time to have all of those wallets from P.I.'s package to send out with Christmas cards! I have a really hard time choosing one pose. I TRY but I've never walked out with just the package deal! I have always ordered at least one other pose. I normally get 3 sheets of a 2nd pose because it ends up being $24.95 & then the $9.95 for the package. Our P.I. just opened in Dec. in our area. We have been there 4 times already. I'm disappointed that you can only get one package "per promotional period". Sometimes it's too long of a wait in between promotional periods but I DO like what I receive so we go there. We went after getting our tax refund for Easter & B-day pix of our girls. Spent quite a bit but I like what I got. When I did that, I received a disc with the pictures on it in case I want to re-order. We like Se.ars because (well, number one reason is our photographer) we normally get the portrait CD & then you get a photo release & can print them anywhere (if I don't order enough portraits for the CD to be the $20, I just wait until they go on sale & buy the ones I missed then). The P.I. CD can only be used at P.I. to re-order. You can view low resolution images from P.I.'s CD on your own computer but not the high resolution ones needed for printing. They can't be opened. We did have to use our CD once though because the picture wasn't cropped correctly which I didn't discover until we were home. So they reprinted them for us. I love the beach background you used with Anna. I haven't used that background yet! I see another visit in our future! Just have to wait for the next promotional period...