Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What were you doing at 1am?

We were dealing with a half-sick child with a fever of 102. Seriously. Have I not done enough in the last few days? ( I will explain this later.) She said she had a bad dream and came crying to me room. I pulled into bed for a few minutes to comfort her and could tell she was just burning up. So, I got up and found the thermometer, took her temperature three times, gave her some children's Tylenol and put her back to bed, where I proceeded to stay with her till she fell asleep. I prayed that she would be okay and finally went back to sleep about 1:45am or so. UGH! I am tired. She then proceeds to get up at 6:30am, right after her Daddy left. She says she has a headache and is dizzy. I take her temperature again and we are at 101 this morning. Other than her head hurting, she says she doesn't feel bad. More Tylenol and lay down to watch TV. I hope she isn't getting too sick. I can handle a fever, but really want to know why she has it. She doesn't get sick that often, but she always gets sick when her Daddy can't stay home. Do you think God is teaching me a lesson? I think its a trick. I don't handle sick well and always leave that care to Jeremy, but the last two times she has been sick, Daddy has had to be at work unless it was a life or death situation. It sucks. I wonder what today will bring. She is supposed to go to her Grammy's, but I am not sure if she will want her sick like this. I guess I will call her in a bit, so I know if I can go to work or not. Anyhow, that is what we do at 1am, in case anyone wants to know.

No comments: