Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Field Trip Pictures

Well, the field trip to Pedro's Tamales was fun and interesting. They make a lot of tamales. I mean a LOT!! We had to wear the smocks and hair nets to be able to go through the back room, so we were oh so cute as we went on this tour. I took a picture of Anna, but not one of me. No way, no how! :-) At the end of the tour, they let everyone have a free tamale. Ok, I know I said I didn't like them before, but they weren't too bad. I, being so un-Texan and all, didn't know you were supposed to peel back the outer layers to get to the actual tamale. I learned that yesterday, when watching others peel theirs back and eat. DUH! No wonder I never liked them. I couldn't get why you would want to eat the husks. LOL! I know smack me up-side of the head and call me stupid! I didn't know though. We never grew up with that kind of stuff. Anyhow, I did make Anna try it and lets just say she will NEVER touch a tamale again. I made her take 3 bites to make sure and she did NOT like it, not one little bit. Here are some of our glorious pictures:


Do I have to wear this mom??:



Say cheese:

Fresh Tamales:

As you can see, there were not many pictures. They wouldn't let you take pictures inside the factory, and I am sure it is for good reason. After the trip, we went to United and came home. Stay tuned tomorrow for Anna's making of lunch!! :-)

No comments: