Thursday, August 7, 2008

Work and Other Woes

DISCLAIMER: HUGE GRIPE SESSION STARTING!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!!!!!!

Ok, I know I normally don't talk about my job, but I am frustrated. We are not allowed to get over-time and have to compensate by taking longer lunches, coming in later, or leaving early, unless of course we close, which then of course, we need to stay till done, which is my problem. I close almost every night. We were there 45 minutes late Tuesday night and 40 minutes late last night. That give me a bit of over time. Even coming in 30 minutes late yesterday is not going to help. UGH! How do I win?! Ok vent with that over.

Next work vent: what is it with parents these days? We have a nice TV and train table in our children's area for kids to keep busy and parents drop off their young, I mean 3-4 year olds and younger even to play while they shop. I have a serious problem with that. first of all, we are NOT babysitters, and second of all, we are NOT responsible for their children. I guess they think everything is okay and that the kids will stay and play or watch TV, but that is far from close. The kids run races and disturb other customers. My other gripe is that they let their children open packages to play with toys and then put them back?!!! What in the world?!?!?! That should never be an option. Take last night for example, we have a set of toys that we do happen to have a display for them to test. (This does not happen often, but we did have them in this case.) I walk by and they have no less than 5 packages open and all playing with them at the same time. I walk by and ask them to please put them up and that we have testers for them to use. Not 1 minute later, they are at it again. I walked over and stood there and told them they need to clean them up and put the items back in the boxes, that someone else may want to buy them and buy them new (meaning not played with yet.) These kids were somewhere around 7-12, which means they should have known better, but come on. For me to have to stand over them to make sure it got done was ridiculous. Completely!! This same group was also taking our puppets, playing with them and throwing them on the floor. UGH!! I kept picking them up and putting them back, but that didn't seem to make a difference. How can parents let their kids run wild like this? Anyhow, that is vent number 2!

And vent number 3, my old apt complex!! UGH!! Let me just say now that there is no way ever that we will EVER move into another property owned by those two-faced crazy people. NEVER, ever ever!!! I would show you who they are, but I am not that way. Just pray we get the problem resolved and quickly!!

OK, today's GRIPE session is over. Thanks if you read all the way to the end and stayed with me. If you didn't, its ok, this was a way for me to vent. Thanks.

No comments: