Monday, March 3, 2008

Update on Life

Still no news on my mother. We are trying to get her rent paid for March still and yes, I know its the 3rd. Not sure what else to do. I work for an 8 hour day tomorrow. I went back full time, but not sure if I mentioned that already or not. Oh yeah and the full-time is temporary, unless it works out. I am doing it to try and help with my mother's bills as well as keep up with ours. Time will tell if it is worth it or not.

Today is my mother-in-laws birthday. She is...shhhhh! I can't tell that. She is keeping busy though I am sure. Anna picked her out a gift and made her pink cupcakes. Ummm, not so sure about the cupcakes, but I am sure someone will eat some. They are strawberry and she said, "Grammy will like them." Not sure she will even want to eat one, but okay. Anna is still very fond of pink. She also picked out a gift with a pink flower on it and the card has a pink bow on it. Go figure. I hope Grammy understands that it was picked out with love from a 6 year old.

My husbands grandmother (Dad's side) is not doing well. She had a stroke not last week, but the week before. She is not eating or drinking and really they are just keeping her comfortable until she passes. Her breathing is really shallow and labored. She goes lengths of time where she doesn't take a breath, and then she gasps. It is really kind of sad and scary to watch, but she is ready to go be with Jesus in heaven. I took Anna up to see her today and Anna asked a few questions and then she was fine. She asked to see her, thats the only reason I took her. She is on morphine, to ease the pain, so hopefully she will pass soon and go meet Jesus and end her life here on earth to begin a new one. It will be hard, but she will not be struggling anymore and she will not be hurting. Prayers for the family on this one as well. It is going to hit a few of them really hard, but I know she is ready.

I guess thats all right now. We need to make a second batch of cupcakes to make sure there is some that others will like too. Hope you all have a good week and I will keep you posted. God bless.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow- you have your hands full! - hey quick question- who is your mom's ms doc here in dallas?