Thursday, March 27, 2008

Evaluation and Nightmares

I had my yearly evaluation at work. Yes, my year hit LAST October, and yes it should have been done then, but there was a lazy assistant manager at the time and she never did hardly anybody's evaluations, so now they play catch up. I will still get my next evaluation in October this year, so it might be a good thing. It was a good evaluation. I only disagreed with one thing and that was my attendance. You can only possibly get a 4, and they gave me a 3. I have missed 1 day in a year and a half, and I was so sick that I barely got out of bed that day. I think I have been late 3 times. I always work overtime if asked, and I am always at work. I think according to the descriptions, I should have gotten a 4, but they didn't change it. Everything else was mostly 3s, which is exceeds expectations. I did get a few two's, but I am okay with those, because they were general things that everyone got 2's on. (Two is acceptable.) I did really well, and I will get a pay raise. Now granted it is only a $o.70 pay raise, it is a raise none the less. I do get another evaluation in October, so I will take it for now. No, that 70 cents does not make that much a of a difference. I still am not earning very much, but I do love my job and try to do it well. Oh I know what I got the two on....it was handling change well. I showed up to work one day last September and was told oh by the way you are starting in X department today. I was devastated. I loved where I was. I am liking my new department, but my heart is still over in the other department. Anyhow, I was pretty much okay with the evaluation. I think I did well and hopefully I will be able to keep doing well.



As for the nightmares, Anna had one last night. She never tells me what they are about, but the blood curtling scream she let out last night was enough to keep me up worried about her. She was petrified of something when I went in and was standing at the window in her bedroom screaming "Daddy! Daddy!" I went over picked her up, and she held onto me like she was afraid something was taking her away. She held tight. I don't think she has ever held me that tight. I just held her and rocked her for 15 minutes and then she was okay so I put her back to bed. I asked her what she dreamed about, but could never get it out of her. She used to have these type of night mares or night terrors regularly when we first got her, but then they dwindled away to almost nothing and have not had one in months. She has been talking alot about her birth mom, so I am wondering if this triggered something. She is adament that she wants to see her again and told her we would arrange a visit next time we head that direction. It will be a short one, because my plan is to arrange the visit as we are leaving town that day and heading home. I hope that the drive for 6 hours in between will help Anna to know that her bio-mom has no access to her and that we will continue to keep her safe. The last visit triggered months of continuous nightmares. We are hoping to avoid that this time and if it does happen again then it will be the last one for a long time. Well, it HAS been 2 and a half years since the last visit. We let her see her when Anna turned 4 and she is 6 yrs and 4 months. That is a long time. Anyhow, I really hope the two are not related.



OK! I better get moving. The lack of sleep caught up with me and I didn't get up as early as I need to. I get to wash my hair today, so I am excited. I straightened my hair two days ago. It is not too bad, except that my hair is naturally frizzy. I say that because it never lays down. It has always done what it wants and a perm usually is the easiest thing for me to do with it. I will get some decent pictures of it straight before I perm it again. I can only do straight so long. Here is a young picture of me with my frizzy hair.

(1st Grade Picture - Not too frizzy, but you can see it has a mind of its own)




(Younger Skinnier Me - Spring 2001-I worked hard to get my hair that straight)
See, I have always had it. OK, I gotta go. Have a good day. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy easter, nic. hapy easter J and anna! God bless!