Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Getting there and Forgiveness

I have one closet cleared out to a reasonable amount of stuff, only 3 more to go. This will be a long tedious process with working and all, but I feel like we will make it, eventually. Next closet is technically a coat closet and I want it to be one again. It has the most stuff in it and I am determined to clear it out.

As for forgiveness...the Bible and God says to forgive everyone, but I am having a hard time forgiving and letting go of one thing. My husband knows what it is as does my immediate family, but they don't know how hard of a time I am having forgiving and letting go. How do you forgive someone or a lot of someones of something so horrible, that it literally affects the rest of your life?! It will follow me where ever I go. It is the reason we are where we are at and I feel like I need to be ready to run from this at any given moment, if they decide to come back and haunt me, which they can and they have so much power, that they do it frequently with many people who have been there. It is a wall that stands there between me and God and I want it gone, but I can't let it go. It is always there and will always be there. How do you forgive someone of this? Please, I need verses, stories, support, prayer, anything. This is eating at me. I need to get past this, I really do, but it will always be there. I am constantly bitter about this one thing. I don't want to be this way, but I am only human. Anyone got any good verses? Would it help to write them a letter and say that I know they were wrong, and they know they were wrong, but I forgive them anyway? This is a hard time in my life. Myself and my family are having a very hard time getting over this one hurt. Please, do not send me the fact that I need to forgive, or that I am over reacting. I am looking for practical advice. How do you not live every day in fear of something? No hate mail or comments are required, as they will be deleted. If you stayed with me thus far, thanks for listening. I am having one of those hard days. Thanks all.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I totally understand- and feel your pain- don't have much to offer- as I am struggling myself. All I know is that holding on to resentment and bitterness only hurts ME. I don't understand what is happening- but GOD does- HE knows what I need to get through the day- to get through the debacle that is dealing with those we have dealt with. He will lead the way when there is no way- Kathy Tracolli sings a song about that- that I have to sing in my head when I get down on all this. Hang in there- praying for ya'll. :)