Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter!!

Easter this year was great. We were busy, but we had fun and Anna was very happy with the day. Here are some pictures and the short version of what we did. This post is picture heavy, and that's your only warning. LOL!

Here is Anna on Saturday night dying Easter Eggs. She was able to do most of them by herself this year, once we ditched the flimsy wire and got her a spoon. It is, after all, only food coloring.


Here is the results of dying eggs, before the fun appliques.

Here are the results after the appliques. Aren't those stickers fun. We had funny face eggs. Anna had a great time applying the stickers. She loved the faces.

Here are Anna's Easter Goodies. I am so tired of buying candy, that we really mostly give her a small toy. The bottom thing is a baby doll bath tub that she has been eyeing for a year and a half at Wal-Mart. The Easter Bunny was good to her this year. LOL! She also got the second Gigi movie. she was content with that. There of course was candy, but most of it disappears before she gets to eat it.

A picture of Anna and myself before church. This was before her hat went on and before the sweater. Aren't we cute?! I know, I know cheesy grin from me. Anna is so cute though. LOL!

Anna hamming it up for the camera. Did I mention it was raining and cold and right after this picture she fell on a wet spot and got the back of her dress dirty before church?! I took a wet wash rag to it and rubbed it clean. No one even noticed the dirt. I know, the tights are cute too. She actually had sandals to wear with her Easter dress, but it was too cold. She wore the tights I bought for next year, so they are a bit big, but the other size is too small. She is growing too quick.

Here is a close up. Don't you love the hat? She has never worn an Easter hat before this year. She always tells me 'no.' I was so proud of her for wearing it and it looked so cute. We got lots of compliments at church today. I loved it. She enjoyed it and didn't even really want to take it off.

Here is a picture at home. I thought it was pretty cute and I love how you can see so much of her tights. They are kind of fun.

Here is a picture that Anna took of me. Not too bad, for a six year old. I had on a new outfit too. I never get new clothes, LOL! It was a nice treat.

After her third, yes I said third Easter Egg hunt. She went yesterday morning, with the others, then she hunted for eggs throughout the backyard, then we had a mini egg hunt with the soon to be cousins at her Grandparents house. The picture was just kind of fun and summed up the day.

As you can see, we were busy. We also had a nice dinner out at Anna's great-grandparents. All in all, I would say that Easter was a success. We had a good time and Anna did great. She did watch her new Gigi movie last night before bed. It was too cute. Well, I better get going. We have a VERY early field trip today. Have a great week all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you had a great Easter!! Anna is getting soooooooooooo grown up looking!! She is so tall!! She has a beautiful dress on!!

BTW - I have never told your husband this, but his "Twin" is living next door to us. His name is Dave and they look identical!

Lori said...

Whoops! That was me - comment above!! I always forget that I'm signed in on my husbands account!! It's just me from Lori's Lines!

Mom said...

Lori,
I know she looks so big. Her grandmother took her and the cousins to an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday and two of them are the same age. When it came time for the bounce house, they divided them by age and because of how tall she is, they would not allow her in with her same age cousin (6), she had to go with the older (8) one. It was actually VERY sad for her. She is just growing up so fast.