Wednesday, August 1, 2007

3 Days to Go & Family Woes

Ok, 3 days to go till I am part-time. I can not wait till after Saturday, although that means that I will not be making near as much money, but we also will not be paying out near as much in expenses. Anna will go to daycar for 3 more days. Today she will be roller skating, tomorrow is their "Stretch-N-Grow" day, and Friday they will be visiting a nursing home and playing games with the residents. She is really liking this new daycare, so I am really glad that I put her in there for the remaining weeks. She has yet to come home saying she is bored and she goes to bed so easy at night...no naps at the new one for her age group. It has been great. I am so glad she liked it. It was one of the best decisions we ever made.



Now for family woes...I am really worried about my mother. She has been fighting to get her short-term disability payments started since February, and has had no success. We are in the appeal time, but it has until middle of September to be finalized. How can they deny my mother these benefits that she truly needs?! I am appaled at what it is doing to her and have been watching my mother decling healthwise. She has not paid her mortgage since January, has had our churches help in keeping utilities on, the states help keeping utilities on, and everything. She has no medications left to manage her Multiple Sclerosis and we are all feeling the effects of it, not just her. The state will not help out with utilities anymore until she goes to the doctor, she can't go to the doctor because she has no means of paying them as her insurance has been gone for some time, and that means also no medications or financial help. She does not qualify quite yet for Medicaid, or she would go that route. How can I help her? I am so at a loss and so far away from being able to say come stay at my house for a while. I have asked her to move down here where we are so I can get her to appointments and such and she could get a 1 bedroom apartment for next to nothing here, but she is unwilling to leave her house at this point. She bought that house for her and intends to live there until they kick her out I am sure. I just don't know where else to turn to get her help. if anyone is out there reading this, I am asking for your prayers in getting a swift decision from the appeals group. We don't have till the middle of September. She needs her medications now. She can not function without them. We needs prayers for God's favor. We just need a lot of prayers. My mother's health and welfare really depend on it. Thanks.

No comments: