Sunday, August 19, 2007

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

Busy, busy, busy. With one week of schooling down, we are good on that respect, but we have only one week left to find my mom a place to live here. I am glad she is coming, but I wish that we already have a place for her. With us adding in all the other subjects next week, (yes, I said all) we will be shorter on time to go search. I can't have Anna not do school. She likes it too much. I did find an apartment I like and if God wants my mom to be there, it will still be open when we get her money through to hold it. Pray for this to work out. On the plus side, I have seen a few places that will be suitable for us to move into once our lease is up in February on these places. (Note to self...NEVER sign a 14 month lease again!!!) Don't get me wrong, I like our apartment, I just am not happy with the management staff or maintenance. I had to threaten to report them to Texas Apartment Association to get my last work orders done. That was after waiting a good 4 weeks on one and almost 6 months on the other. YES, 6 months. No wonder we want to move. The other thing we are not happy with is paying everyone else's gas bill in winter. I mean, I understand allocating the bill, but I think they are screwing us big time on that one. How can a small two bedroom apartment's gas bill cost more each month than a 5 bedroom house? I mean, not a little more, but over three times as much!! Like I said, we are getting screwed over and there is not a darn blasted thing I can do about it. We signed it when we moved in. If we skip out on our lease, we will never be able to rent here in the city again, because they all us the same basic rental application and our name would be marred forever! We had a hard enough time getting in here. Anyhow, I guess that is enough drama on my life for one day. It felt good to get that out. Please keep praying for the up-coming move and pray for God's favor and that it will all work out for us. Thanks all.

No comments: