Friday, April 17, 2009

OK, Easter...

Sorry for waiting all week to post this, but I do most blogging in the morning and mornings are when I am at my worst. Here is the Easter bit at last.


Saturday night we colored eggs. Literally. Mommy failed to buy any egg dye this year and Daddy still wanted the tradition of coloring eggs, so we used markers and literally colored them. I have to say, not only was this cheaper and easier, but it was more fun. Here are a few pictures for Saturday's egg coloring:









On Sunday, I was awaken to this sweet and very excited girl saying "Mommy!! Mommy!! He came last night! He filled my basket!!!" At that very moment I was ready to tell her to go back to bed until the sun was shining, but when I turned over, the sun was already shining and my husband was gone. Hmmm. Okay. So I got out of bed and made her wait until Daddy came home from the store. That was a long wait. LOL!!

When Daddy came back, I let him have the privilege of taking our Easter pictures, because his pictures always turn out better. Here are a few of Anna getting ready to hit her basket:










After a traditional pancake breakfast, we went to hunt the eggs that the bunny had hid the "night" before. LOL!! It was all wet, but we went outside anyways. Here are a few pictures of Anna hunting eggs:








I just realized when posting this, that these are the only pictures we have of her in her cute Easter dress. I forgot to have her pose for me and take a few good pictures. Oh well, that's in the past now. We at least have these cute pictures.


After church we went to my step mother's mother's house for lunch. (I know that was way confusing, but try to stay with me.) We had a great lunch and then a little while later the kids did an Easter egg hunt. It started to rain at the end of that hunt, so we quickly relocated indoors to sort through the prizes. Here are a few pictures from that hunt:



All in all I would say it was a good Easter. We had fun and Anna enjoyed herself. Thank all for being patient and waiting. Have a great weekend. God bless.

No comments: