Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mommy Bragging Time!!

LOL!! What a title, but that's what I am doing today. I walked out to the living room today and my 7 year old, first grader is reading Charlotte's Web. Do you know that is usually a 3rd or 4th grade book? My child was reading it. She is doing one chapter at a time and then she switched to another chapter book. LOL!! How she can keep the stories straight is beyond me. I was just excited that she is reading such a high level book!! (I would get a video of her reading it, but she said its embarrassing. LOL!!) She is doing very well at reading. VERY, VERY well. She even picks up the Bible and read random things out of it. She likes to read. I am so glad that I could instill good reading habits to her!! YEAH!! OK, I'm done bragging!! Thanks for letting me. Have a good day all and God Bless.

4 comments:

Sarah Boyette said...

Go girls!

We're Blessed said...

YAY!!!! Great Job, Anna!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Cozyflier said...

How wonderful!!! Having 1 with dyslexia I can tell you how lucky you are, keep up that wonderful joy of books. I'm new to your blog, Hope the school system doesn't ruin her love for reading with the 'dumb' AR program.
Crrie

Mom said...

No worries on the school system ruining her love for books. We homeschool her and will continue to do so as long as God provides the way. :-)