Thursday, April 9, 2009

Allergies

I took Anna to the doctor yesterday to have them check and make sure she didn't have a sinus infection and she doesn't. My darling daughter has severe allergies and the Zyr*tec she's been on for over a year, possibly two years has stopped working and she has a lot of drainage. UGH!! So, they switched her to Clari*tin and added in a 30 day course of Singul*air, to go along with her Naso*nex. That really seems like a lot of medicines for such a young girl, but the doctor wasn't worried. She said that if this doesn't help clear her up we may be in for allergy testing. UHM, nope! Not going there with a 7 year old unless absolutely necessary. Hoping this new combo works good. I'm sure our constant weather changes and blowing dust are not helping her either. Anyhow, that's all for now. Have a good day.

3 comments:

We're Blessed said...

When Em was a baby, we had to do allergy testing on her. They have little "trays" now that have tiny little points on it and that is where they put the testing solutions. They press it onto the skin and it makes a tiny little pin dot in the skin. I had to go through the testing when I was in HS and again as an adult. In HS, they used all needles! UGH! As an adult, it was a combination of the "trays" and needles...I much more preferred the "trays"! They are much less invasive and were just as effective. If I remember correctly, they used the needles because of certain things that they were having to test me for...that's what I remember. Hope that helps! Maybe her meds will work better for her this time! Praying that they will...soon!!!

Cozyflier said...

Singulair is a miraculus medicine! Hope it works for her. I know what you mean with this dust, we are all miserable. Tell her to hang in there!!

Good luck with everything.

We're Blessed said...

quick edit... I was younger than HS when I had my first round of allergy testing. I believe I was either in late elementary or early JH.