Friday, April 17, 2009

Maybe its a good thing....

Maybe its a good thing I was at work when the severe storms hit us yesterday. It was apparently bad enough that they had people taking cover and taking cover is exactly what my husband did with Anna and our nephew, Aydin. They holed up in the hallway with doors shut and a mattress or two against the open wall. Anna read a book to Aydin. Anna said that they stayed there until it stopped raining and hailing. She wasn't worried int he least bit, but my husband was. They said take cover and he did. Way to go honey. Sorry I wasn't home when they said to take cover.

Uhm. At the store, we were all clueless apparently and we were standing by the big glass window watching the storm and hail. I don't think we would ever know when to take cover. LOL!! We would be those crazy people, like yesterday saying "oh, that's pretty cool" and "wow those clouds are dark" and "look at the size of that hail." Please tell me that in the event of something severe enough that we would take cover. I mean good grief. They told the rest of the city to take cover, wouldn't that include shopping places as well? Apparently not. I pray in the event of a true emergency that I am at home. I would never have a clue at work. I mean we got a bunch of phone calls from worried spouses, but none of us was in the authority to do anything about it. Anyhow, all is fine and we are all safe and sound. We have a bunch of leaves all over everything at the house, but we are all fine and that's what counts. Have a good weekend all.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

Oh my! That is a little frightening! We had no idea that there was even a tornado warning in Lubbock and we were in the SW part of town...apparently when it went through that area! Praise the Lord for His protection!