Friday, June 6, 2008

Sleeping

OK! I know my daughter can't be the only one, but I think she sleep walks and talks?!?! Last night she came running out of her room and I caught her so I said, "What are you doing baby?" She says, "uhm, counting."
I said, "What are you counting?"
She said, " Sleeping."

So, I rocked her a minute and put her back to bed. She closed her eyes instantly and was snoring the instant I put her back down. It was odd. First of all, you can't count sleeping. LOL! As much as I laughed at her answer last night. Second, I asked her about it this morning and she said that she had the weirdest dream last night. She told me that she dreamed of a fair with Happy Go Lucky at it. Happy is a book about a horse we just finished and she loved. Anyhow, she doesn't remember getting up last night and talking to me at all. Do you think this is sleep walking and talking? Sure seems like it.

2 comments:

Mom22girls said...

It sounds like sleep walking/talking to me. My 7 yr old sleep walks & talks. She "wakes up" (or so we think), sits up & begins talking. Her sister, who sleeps in the bunk above her, has gotten so used to it that she sleeps right through it most of the time. It still wakes up Mom & Dad though. (Just the Mom & Dad instinct to wake at any noises during the night). At my in-laws house is where she has done her sleep walking. She gets up & talks to Grandpa while still sound asleep. We just go in her room, gently help her lay back down & rub her back a little & she is back to her "quiet sleep". We did discover that waking her causes her to get upset & cry. That was back before we knew she was sleep talking. We had assumed she was awake. I used to sleep walk & talk when I was a child too. My husband says I still sleep talk on occasion.

JUST A MOM said...

well hello there,,,, I think I am caught up on your life.... been a bit busy here went to work and I get to be a real grandma in October.... school is out so I am off have a great week.