Thursday, October 4, 2007

Gross Things & A Funny Thing

Alright, I have discovered two REALLY gross things in our dining room area. I was SO completely disgusted, that I am fixing it ASAP.

Disgusting Thing 1: We had curdled, old, dried on milk on our kitchen table. No, no, no! Not on the top. We have a table that we can make bigger or, it will tuck down inside to go smaller. Anyhow, we have had it smaller and apparently, the milk, juice, or whatever my darling daughter managed to spill for the last month was on the extended part that was tucked underneath. It was SO darn nasty, that I immediately cleaned out the entire section, cleaned everything with a disinfectant spray and our table will be big forever more. I will NOT be cleaning up that mess again!

Disgusting Thing 2: We have an area rug under our kitchen table because we paid an arm and a leg for cleaning the carpet at our last apartment in the dining area. (Who puts carpet in the dining room anyways.) Anyhow, the purpose of it was to protect the regular carpet underneath it and keep us from paying an arm and a leg again. I discovered tonight, while cleaning up yet another spill, that it is doing nothing! The spill is soaking all the way through the rug and is apparently sitting on our carpet and still soaking into it. So, the $20 rug we bought to prevent this, did NOT work. Tomorrow, after Anna is awake, I will be removing the carpet, vacuuming it, and taking it to be cleaned or posting it as is. NASTY! I am scared to remove the carpet due to the things I know have been spilled on it.

And now for the funny thing: I was talking to Anna today. Well, of course I was talking to her. It is just her and I at home all the time. In any case, she said something today that made me bust out laughing, which of course she wasn't happy about. "I don't like tuna sandwiches, because I don't want to get seasick." I love the logic of a 5 year old. It is so darn hilarious! She takes everything literally. She wants nothing to do with fish of almost any kind for the same reason. She must be watching too many cartoons. LOL. She also said that if "I were to get seasick, then I would get a green face and I don't like green." This child is too funny.

Anyhow, that is my gross things and my funny, funny girl. I am glad she keeps me on my toes. Hope you all have a good night. Take care and "see" you all soon.

No comments: