Monday, October 22, 2007

Book Review, Daily Life, School

Book Review:

Alright, I know you want to hear about another great book from me, but I can't help it. we have checked out some really good books from the library lately that are great for any collection. Today's great book is Dancing with Katya by Dori Chaconas. This book shows the importance for getting your children their immunizations by showing the effects of Polio on a little girl who only had dreams to dance. The polio made her legs crippled and she had to wear braces, causing her to not be able to dance. It makes her sad, but her sister comes to the rescue and to find out how, you will need to read the book. It was so good. Anna really enjoyed it last night and truly understands the reason for the immunizations. They are to keep her from getting VERY sick and ending up in the hospital or losing her life. That is all she really needs to know at her age.

Daily Life:

I have another sinus infection or ear infection, or whatever. I had some medicine to take to clear it up, but it made me feel worse. It made me completely and utterly nauseous. I felt almost fluish. All I have wanted to do for the last two days is lay in bed. I determined it was the medicine last night and so I will head out and get something else that won't make me feel that way and hopefully will let me breathe.
The job situation is also okay, it is not what I want, but who says we always get what we want. God had been telling me those words for a reason and I need to live with it.
My birthday is coming up, but we might as well just skip it. I work every day around it, including my birthday. We might do something next Sunday, but i don't count on it, because the following Sunday, the 4th is when we are celebrating Anna's. It is a few days before her actual birthday, but that is her party. Hers is more important at this point anyhow.
Christmas Tree! Yes, we are already wanting to set up the Christmas Tree and get in the Christmas spirit. This will be our smallest Christmas ever, but one we will be most thankful for. We are on our own and will have a Christmas with just our family before we head out and see all the grandparents and such. It will be the first time ever that we have had just us.

School:

School is going good. Anna IS learning how to read, but she doesn't like to show it off. She has read several paragraphs already in her Language Arts book and she can sight read lots of cards (we made them together). I put them into a sentence order at least four times a day and she can read that too.
She is picking up math and counting better. We were really struggling with that for a while and I think she will be ready to move on in the book finally. We stopped doing her math text book this week, just to concentrate on the counting to ten, because her book is moving on to counting to 20 already and she didn't have to 10 down. I will determine that at the end of this week.
Anna is going to be in a State History Fair. We are working on her display board and learning a ton of facts that she can recite for the fair. What state? What state? Arizona!! She is doing Arizona. I probably should have had her do Texas, but I figured that a bunch of the other littles would be doing Texas, so we picked Arizona. Actually I limited her to California or Arizona and she picked it. It is going well and I will pick up her display board today so we can get that started.

Ooops. This wasn't supposed to be such a long post, but it is. Hope you all have a good week and check in later as I get to take pictures at this weeks ballet and gymnastics classes. Thanks all for reading and God Bless.

No comments: