Friday, December 19, 2008

Work Ethic

Well, I have decided that there are not enough good people at my job with good work ethic. I know my job and I know it well. For the most part, I think I do my job well. Don't get me wrong, I do have some off days every now and then, but I do know my stuff. What I am getting at here is WHERE is the work ethic in most people. They do a mediocre job and think all is well. Well, if all is well, then why I am I working my tail off to pick up your slack? I get no recognition for my work. NONE!! I am tired of working in a place where sub-standard work is ok. Why aren't we held to higher standards anymore. Is it okay in society if the doctor gave you sub-standard care? NO, so why do we accept sub-standard work from most people and think this is okay? I was raised to do your job and do it well. I was taught to know my product in the store and know where to look for things. I was taught that you will be rewarded for a job well done, but my question now is WHEN??? I have been completely be-littled and called high-strung too many times this week for wanting to do my job and the job at the store where I work correctly!! YES, God forbid I want to do my job right!! That makes me high-strung. UGH!! What has this world come to? We are way to accepting of the way society has let things become. I am thinking it is time for me to move on and get another job soon. My time at this nice place is coming to a close. I want to go somewhere where my work is appreciated. I want to go somewhere where they value people for doing things right. I want to go somewhere where they do no accept sub-standard work from people and where they make everyone hold to the correct standards. If it is done right, then it must be done right by everyone. We shouldn't let people slack off because they have a great sense of humor or because of who their mom or dad is. We shouldn't accept mediocre service from a place because that's become the acceptable norm. We should expect better. ALWAYS!!!

As you can tell, I had a lousy night at work. This actually makes two nights in a row now and I am tired of things the way they are, so I am going to have to look elsewhere. Being called "high strung" for wanting to do the job right is not something I look forward to and I am beginning to not enjoy my work place. How can this be acceptable? OH and its the other employees as well as our assistant manager. I am apparently hated at my place of work and it has to be time to move on. If you read my blog today, then thanks for sticking with me. I needed to vent. I wonder if I should put this on my bosses desk tomorrow?? Do you think it would matter? Maybe ditch the header and make sure it had no references to me, do you think he would care? OK, maybe the store manager would give half a care, but the others, they wouldn't give a darn!! Sorry, done with gripe session now!! I pray that God shows me what to do in this situation. There has to be a better way for me to earn some income. There has to be. Pray for God to open the right doors for me and allow me to find a new opportunity in life. Thanks all.

3 comments:

We're Blessed said...

I'm praying with you!

Enid said...

I am praying too Nicole. can you put a class together and offer to the homeschool comunity, lot of moms do this at their homes. Just an idea!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best this Christmas and a blessed New Year!

God bless you and your family! ♥