Thursday, September 18, 2008

Manipulative

Have I ever told you that my 6 year old is manipulative. Yes, my 6 year old. She always comes up with sneaky ways to get what she wants. Its kind of cute and kind of rotten all at the same time. Here are a few examples:

The other night with Jeremy:

"Daddy?"
"Yes baby doll."
"I'm thinking we need to do something special tonight."
"Like what?"
"Like go to dinner at Ci Ci's!"
"Why is that?"
"Because we haven't done anything special in a long time."

Well, you know where they ended up. Yes, they ended up at Ci Ci's, to do something special of course.

Here is another one with me:

"Mommy?"
"Yes Baby"
"I'm thinking we need to go the donut place and get kolaches."
"I thought you wanted waffles for breakfast?"
"Yes, but I'm thinking that I want kolaches. We haven't had them in a long time."
"We'll see."
"Mom, I'm thinking we NEED to go to that donut place. We NEED breakfast."

Well, you know where we ended up. We did need breakfast, so we got kolaches. Good grief. She is good. And the I'm thinking is always followed by something she would like to do. Do you think we are just suckers or is she just really good at manipulating us? It doesn't always turn out that she gets her way, but come on. Who can argue with that logic behind it?

No comments: