Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apple Orchard

Hi all!! I know I didn't get on here right away after my trip, but things have been busy. We went on Friday to the Apple Orchard and picked fresh apples. We also had a small demonstration on honey bees. Fresh honey is the best by the way. Anyhow, the kids also had a hay ride. This was all followed by a picnic lunch at the orchard. It was fun for the kids and adults alike. The kids got to eat as many apples as they wanted free of charge (Anna had three while we were there) and then we paid for what we had picked. It was like eating organic apples. No pesticides are used at the orchard. Here are some pictures from our field trip.

Rows of apple trees:


Red Apple:

Green Apples:

A couple pics of Anna working hard on her apples:

Trying fresh honey:

Playing as a group after eating:

As you can see, we had a great time. The kids enjoyed it and Anna slept great that night after all the fresh air. I hope we can go again next year.

3 comments:

We're Blessed said...

How fun!!! I love going to the Apple Orchard!!! It's a great experience!!! :D

Enid said...

Im so glad you got to go over there! We missed it this year...hopefully next!

We're Blessed said...

I hope you don't mind that I linked my blog to yours!!! We got Em some little glasses, just like Anna!!! She LOVES them!!!