Friday, September 19, 2008

Eye Doctor's Take 2 & 3

Well, we know that not just one of us can go to the eye doctor. Nope! It was time for Anna to go today and Jeremy as well. Anna of course, has 20/20 vision. Sort of. She is slightly far-sighted, but not bad enough for glasses. Same thing as last year. Jeremy's vision has changed just slightly, enough for new glasses, if he wanted, which of course he does. Anyhow, I will get his picture and post it when the glasses come back, which should be next week some time.



Now, back to Anna. You all don't know how devastated my daughter was to NOT need glasses. Yes, she wants glasses worse than anything or anybody you have ever seen. It is a toss up though between glasses and a horse. Anyhow, she begged and begged and begged. I decided to go ahead and see what we couldn't find for her. She wants them so bad and this is probably just a phase that will last for a little while, so off to Wal-Mart vision center we went. I was just looking, but then the girl came up and said we have a nice little selection of glasses down here (pointing to the left) that are only $10. Yes, you read that correctly. $10. WOW!! I said now surely we can find something in there that will work. And, we did. She picked out a cute pink pair. Some minor adjustments and taking off the demo lenses only stuff and poof, we were out the door with one VERY, VERY happy little girl. Unbelievable!



So, without further ado....here is my little girl in the new glasses she does not need.







You got to admit, they are kind of cute. Now lets hope this phase doesn't last too long. LOL!! I can't believe how happy she is. Was I crazy for letting her get them, maybe, but it made her day. Her whole face lit up!!

Oh and we also went and had "school" pictures done at Wal-Mart today. The package was only $4.99. Again, a great deal! So, we have that done for the year too. Maybe. I might take her again for more pictures. Ok, forget might. I almost guarantee we will go for more pictures again soon. I LOOOOVE pictures.

Ok, that's enough for today. Take care all and God Bless!!

2 comments:

We're Blessed said...

Ok...you were wrong about one thing! I know someone that wants glasses as bad as Anna!!! Now, I need to know which Walmart you got them at and if that is a regular selection that they have for $10 or if it is a discounted/special selection...aka limited time only! LOL Thanks!!!

Mom22girls said...

The glasses are very cute! I always wanted them when I was young. I did outgrow that stage & I am thankful now that I don't need glasses. I do know how badly I wanted them as a child though. I would have loved a pair!! Anna's a lucky little girl!

My girls had school pix today too. I volunteer at the school & do the yearbook so I was there to help with school pix today & to approve my girls photos. One daughter was done in just 2 shots but the other took 5 tries to get it "just right". I got the school to sign with this new picture company so they are quite accomodating to me. But this company also did a much better job with all of the kids than the old one did.

I'm waiting now for Portrait Innovations to have their next promotional period so I can go there & get a package. Then soon it will be off to Sears for Halloween costume pix & then Christmas/family pix. I LOVE pictures too!