Monday, September 15, 2008

Good Weekend

Well, I had a good weekend. Jeremy and I went to Amarillo over night on Saturday. Enough to get away, but close enough to not cost an arm and a leg. It is about 2 hours from here. Anyhow, we went on Saturday night after I got off of work and drove into Canyon first. I haven't been there since I graduated over 7 years ago. It has changed quite a bit over the years, but it still had many of the same small town features I liked. Where I used to get my car fixed is now a big Chevron and convenience store. Our favorite Chinese food place is still there. The apartment we lived in is still there and of course the University is still there. There of course were several changes as well. The University no longer is drivable (is that a word) straight through. They have added a nice center court type thing to the middle of the University. It was really nice looking. The apartment my sister lived in was painted green, it used to be brick red; the Dairy Queen is gone; the local small town Wal-mart has been located to another location and is now a Super Center and the Justice Center is now in a new location where the Wal-Mart used to be. I am sure there are more changes, but that all I caught on our drive through town.

We then went on to Amarillo. Amarillo has grown a bit as well. It has expanded further south, but still has a lot of the same things. We had dinner at the mall and walked through it, then chilled and watched a few movies. On Sunday morning we were awakened to the sound of someone knocking and trying to get in...."Housekeeping!" LOL! They came three more time before we left. We went to Chili's for lunch. It was good and it was also the first time that I was charged for switching Salsa to Ranch. Seriously, they charged me for it. I was a little appalled and thought it ridiculous to be charged for something because Salsa is probably more expensive to make. Anyhow, Jeremy wouldn't let me say anything. I wanted to though. We walked Wal-Mart before we left to come home. Yes, I know we can do that at home, but that wasn't the point. We also had ice cream when we got home before picking up Anna from her Grammy's. It was a fun get away to say the least. we are hoping to do more of these get aways and soon. It was fun and not that expensive. It was also refreshing, especially since we have never done this before.

Anyhow, my whole point of this was to say thank you to my husband who thought of the idea and footed the bill for this trip out of his over-time pay, which he originally had other plans for. Thank you honey for a fun trip. I enjoyed it.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

How wonderful!!! I'm so happy that you both got to spend some good, quality, couple time together! I'll be praying that more opportunities and funds come!