Monday, July 21, 2008

Mice, Blech!!!!

I have never in all my life had such a problem with mice as I do right now! YUCK!!! I don't care what anyone says about mice being cleaner than bugs, I would rather have some of those bugs any day!!!! If you hadn't guessed by now, for some strange unknown reason, we have had a few mice in our house. Talk about grossing me out and making me cringe!! Anna saw the first one on Friday morning/ I never saw and never let it get to me. She said it was a little grey one with a long tail. No big deal. We never saw it or heard it, so I let it go. BIG MISTAKE!! Sunday morning Jeremy screams and says I just saw the mouse. We flipped over furniture and moved around a ton of things int he direction it headed, but it was lost. About 15 minutes later he spots the dang blasted thing again. He flipped over our candle making cart(which by the way is full of glass) and the stupid thing zips into our storage closet. YUCK, yuck, and double yuck!! I, thinking quickly, give Jeremy a box and start beating into the closet with our broom. LOL, I know really brilliant, huh?! Well, to this Jeremy replies, what are you trying to do, make it come out and get me? LOL!! I was so grossed out by this thought that I gave him the broom and went and put my feet onto a chair to watch. LOL! Yes, I was having nothing to do with this mouse. Jeremy continues to poke into the closet (isn't that what I was doing already) and the mouse comes scurrying out and right into our waiting box....stupid creature. Jeremy flips the box up and say I got it, I got it!! He takes it outside and says, "Awe, he's just a cute little field mouse, want to see?" What the heck. I freaked already that there was a mouse in my house and now he wants me to look at the furry little creature. Not no, but definitely no way in my life am I looking at that little mouse. We taped the box shut and disposed of him in the dumpster. (Should have killed him when we had the chance!!!) Anyhow, we thought that was it, as we have not seen anything else. That was the wrong thought.

Tonight at work I receive a call from my lovely husband. "We have another mouse." he states. I said, "You're kidding right?" He says, no! And then proceeds to tell me where the darn thing is hiding out!! OK! I get it. We have a mouse problem!! I am so nervous, grossed out and freaked right now that its not funny. He call me back about 15-20 minutes later and says its gone and that he got rid of it. Nice, but I am still freaked. I feel violated in a way. Mice are NOT my friends!! I don't care how often we watch Ratatouille!! I do not like to even think about mice!!! So, I admit it. We have a mouse issue. I went out tonight and stocked up on rat poison. I sure as heck hope it works!! I never want to hear about another one. NEVER, EVER, EVER!!! I will move, period!! I can not tolerate this thought anymore. I bought some D-Con (or however you spell it) tonight. I was told that this is the best stuff. I hope and pray that this stuff works and fast!! I am a nervous wreck!! I want to move like yesterday!!

Oh yeah and in the process, we need a new broom. Ours got broke tonight. Go figure!!

Ok, vent over. Pray this passes quickly!! At least I don't cry when a bug comes in. Everytime I think about a mouse, I am in tears. Let that be all. I want this to be over with!!!

No comments: