Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Family Reunion

Well, for the first time ever, we went to a family reunion. It was great. I have never personally gone to one, as it was never that vital or important to our family I guess. In any case, we went to one this weekend. It was my dad's wife's family. LOL!! Complicated, I know. They are all family though. On Saturday night we went for dinner and swimming. Well, Anna swam like a fish, and we ate. She refused to eat until we made her get out of the pool and dry off and get dressed. In that very instant, she was hungry. LOL! Good thing I had already fixed her a plate.

On Sunday, we all went to church wearing our matching shirts. The kids all have their ages on the back. Here is a picture of our immediate family in the green shirts.



The whole group of us took up two looooooong pews at the church. We were a big sea of green. LOL!!

Here is a fun picture they do every year with all the great grandkids for the family. The picture is fun, but with so many kids in there, it is hard to make them all do the same thing.


The little boy turning around has a 2 on his shirt. LOL! We tried, really we did.

Here is a picture of all the kids, plus the ones that were missing. We had the others hold their shirts.




As you can see, it is completely not visible as there are so many. We ended up zooming in and taking the pictures in sections....we will just have to combine all the sections to make one long picture. LOL!!

Anyhow, it was fun and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The reunion was actually for the whole week, but I didn't know about it till Tuesday, so we made it to what we could. We did follow Sundays lunch with swimming time at my brother's house. Anna and I had a great time. I forgot sunscreen again, so I am sun-burned....go figure! Anyhow, it was fun and we hope to do it again with them.

1 comment:

Mom22girls said...

I just love the matching shirts. I've been to a few family reunions but no one was organized enough to get shirts for everyone. What a great idea to have the ages of the kids on the backs of theirs!