Monday, June 15, 2009

School

Well, first grade is officially done for the most part. We have a few books left to work through this summer, but those are books started late in the year, January, March and May. The one in May is vital to her schooling next year, so we will be working on it through the summer. We need to learn the content and it will probably hold her back slightly in 2nd grade on that subject, but we will catch up. We will still be working on Math, at least one page a day so she doesn't lose all that we learned. Reading I'm not worried about. She reads really well and honestly I think she's more on a second or third grade level with reading anyhow.

I almost had a change of schooling thought to public school over the weekend, but decided that we are still doing what is best for our daughter. Our good homeschooling friends have decided to put their kids in public school next year, so they are less stressed and the kids are happier. But, as a result I was torn. We will need to make new friends that are homeschooling so we can have play days and such. I went looking yesterday for the local public school she would attend and looked online at the public school website. I also looked at the Christian school I wanted her to go to yet again. That one seemed more right to me that the public school, but we are doing really well homeschooling and I would be working to put my daughter through school if we went that route. I think I just got temporarily scared. Something very drastic would have to happen to have me put Anna in public school at this age. VERY drastic!! It hasn't happened yet, so we will continue to homeschool. If she ever does need to attend a school, it will be the Christian school I looked at and I will go back full-time to pay for it. That's that. I need to not worry so much about her schooling and just go with it. She is learning and she is thriving with the one-on-one time with me. I am sure we will know for sure when things change. Now, its time for some play time with homeschool friends. We will have to schedule some time with E and B so she can play and then we will have to get to know some other people to help her have more play time.

If you read that whole bit today, thank you!! It was a lot for me to go through and I needed to write it down. Have a good week. Take care.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

I think most homeschoolers go through the whole "maybe I should just put my child back into public school"....but here's the way I look at it... God has given us such a great opportunity to be a major part of our children's education and lives. He guides us and directs us....he holds us and lifts us up so we can do what we need to do for our children...and for Him! Just hang in there and know that I am praying for you and God loves you so much and is so proud of what you and Jeremy have done for Anna and for what you are doing and have yet to do! HUG!!!