Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reading and Writing

I discovered a new method of reading and writing improvement Saturday for the younger kiddos. I was not all that impressed at first about what hubby and daughter were doing, but it is what it is and then I tried it and realized that it is really good for reading and writing practice for her. I can't believe I am about to post this, but here is what I am talking about:





Yes, they are on the nice and cute little Nintendo DS game systems. They were chatting on them for ever. I can't believe that, but as long as its used int he right context, I think this is a great way to improve her reading and writing skills. She has talked with Daddy via the DS every day since then. I guess they are good for more than just games. You of course have to have two to even bother with the chat option, but it is fun for her. She loves every minute of typing or writing a message to us. All we can hear is giggles and then her reading what we sent to her in the other room. LOL!! So, I guess I am promoting the option of chat on those silly little systems, but it is a good thing for her. I am glad we got the second one. Very glad.

2 comments:

Enid said...

That is such a neat idea! I have seen some other families doing that too, pretty cool. I keep thinking on E, gift...maybe these.

We're Blessed said...

That is too funny!!! I didn't know that they could do that! I guess I'm still living in a cave! LOLOL