Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Car Update

Well, we put my car in the shop last week and sat and waited. Today, the mechanic called. He had some news. Boy did he have news. The good news first...I don't have to replace my whole engine. Ok, now the bad news. This is where my story will be shaky at best. Here is what it looks like happened....The number 4 spark plug was not put in correctly and it jiggled loose and shot through the cylinder head, a bunch of gaskets and ruined the head gasket. I need a new head gasket, several other gasket thingys, new coils, a new cylinder head, my spark plug slot needs to be re-threaded and then of course we need to replace all the fluids. That's all.

Long story short, it won't cost us near what we thought to fix. At least we don't think so anyhow. He is pulling off the head gasket to get a closer look at the engine and then we will know for sure what the total damage is.

This means a lot to me as I need some medical stuff done and the money was the issue preventing me from getting it done, so this helps tremendously!

Thanks for all the prayers about my car and keep them coming. I think that is enough to replace and repair right there. Also keep praying about my health. Thanks and God bless.

3 comments:

We're Blessed said...

I am definitely praying with you and for you!!!! :D

Mom said...

Thanks Shaena! I surely appreciate it.

Enid said...

That is just awsome girl...I mean you know in the way that is less than your first tought.