Sunday, May 4, 2008

"I Want Curly Hair!"

"I Want Curly Hair!" This is what Anna has been begging for for quite some time now. She wanted curly hair so bad she could taste it. I think it is the age and wanting to be like mom, since I have had perm after perm basically all the way since 2002. Don't get me wrong, I have straightened my hair, but the maintenance and up keep to keep my hair nicely straight suck and I eventually, no more than 8 weeks later get it curly again. I just went through one of those said phases. It has been straight for about 8 weeks now. It was no longer wash and go hair....it was wash, dry, curling iron, hairspray, curling iron, frizzy hair. I can't have perfectly straight pretty hair. No, I have frizzy hair. Anyhow, I think I have strayed off topic. Anna has really wanted curly hair and when I told her I was getting another perm and making my hair curly, she said she wanted one too. I told her how bad it stinks and about the rollers hurting your head, but she really wanted curly hair, so yesterday, she went curly. (Although I am not sure how long it will last, since she has stick straight hair, but it is curly, for now.) Anyhow, here are some pictures of Anna's first home perm. I was six when I got my first one too....want to see the pictures? LOL!




Right after she was all rolled:



Right after I tortured her by rinsing out the "stinky stuff": (At this point she NEVER wanted a perm again):



The end result:



It turned out pretty cute, don't you think?! And now, the picture you all wanted to see, a picture of me getting my first perm. I was actually 4 years old according the age on the back. Can you believe I was actually 4 years old for my very first perm? I thought 6 was young. LOL!


Here it is:

Hope you enjoyed it. Anna was okay until we put the actual perm solution in, then she wasn't happy until we put the neutralizer in. LOL! Hope you all have a great week and God Bless.

1 comment:

Mom22girls said...

Anna looks very cute with curly hair! I LOVE the pouting photo... it's priceless! I've never tried a perm on my 7 & 9 yr old girls but have rolled thier hair in sponge curlers for dance recitals. How long did it take you to roll her hair? It takes over 100 curlers each for my girls & takes me about 1-1/2 to 2 hours per girl to roll the hair! Luckily this year our daughter's hair is to be in a bun for recital. That will take a lot less time!!