Friday, May 2, 2008

Frusturated

Alright, as many of you know, I am taking care of my mother, who is fighting for disability. We are waiting on a court date, and in the mean time, I have been paying eveyrthing. This is not easy to do on a minimum wage (or pretty close to it) job. My sister and broher have been not much or pretty close to no help. I am frusturated and tired and really just want them to chip in something to helping care for OUR mother. I was so upset this morning that I worte them the following letter (names edited out to protect the innocent):

>>>>>
I know I haven't heard from either of you because I need money. I am really tired of asking and you both say no all the time. What will you do if she ends up on the street? I can't keep doing this by myself. This is too hard and WAY TOO stressing. It is taxing on my marriage and on me emotionally. It is also starting to affect A, because of the constant stress. If I didn't do it, would either of you care if she was on the street? I can't afford to keep paying it all by myself. I work full time, take care of M's kids 3 days a week, just for the money, I have sold almost everything you can think of, and I have called every resource in the city for help. What more do you expect me to do?! I have no food, we ran out of toilet paper this week (yes I replaced it, but that should NEVER happen), we have even sold some of A's toys for the money. What can I do to convince you two that I need help? Mom's things are not that expensive, and if there were three of us paying something, it might not be so hard on me. Emotionally, I am fed up. I have already paid out over $1200 of mom's things, and that is just what is recorded in my check book and just from February till now. There is more than that. We have a shortage of almost $300 on the rent. The government money was not as much as we were wanting and I can do one of two things....pay mom's rent for the month and break my promise to my family of a trip to Six Flags (for stress relief and a family vacation we have NEVER had before) or keep my promise to my family and have no where for mom to go. I am not sure how to stress that I need help. I know you two are probably tired of me asking, but thats what it boils down to. Can you please find something to help me with? I am tired! I don't understand how you can both think this is all my resposibility. Sorry I had to write this again and I know you two will probably not want to talk to me...I don't care. I want the help with OUR mother's things. I love you both and hope you can find it in your heart to help your own mother in her time of need.

Love
N

>>>>>

Was I too harsh? I am in the right in asking for the help from them, am I not? I know at least one of them occasionally reads my blog and I am sorry, that you had to read this in your mailbox and here, but I can't do this anymore!! I am asking for help. My mother really needs to keep her own place, the lawyer said it herself. What I can not keep doing is paying TWO complete households on my own. Please tell me I am not in the wrong. If you think I shouldn't have posted this, do not bother commenting, I will delete it. I am just venting and frustrated. A blog is for writing my feelings as well as updating people.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I totally agree with you- I am sorry it has come to this for you- that sucks- I know that i am forever thankful that my siblings and I had a big meeting about my mom before it got too bad to discuss the fact that it was going to take ALL of us to take care of us. The burden can't be on just one or resentment will set in and that isn't good for anyone. I pray they read that and buck up and give their mom some help! Hang in there!

WyldJoker said...

Don't delete it. The truth hurts to those that refuse to accept it in the beginning. As I have told you many times before, and emphasized by Julie, It takes the whole family to take care of each other, not just one person.

I also want to add to your story about what happened at work.. God worked through one of my co-workers, who knows a little bit about our struggle to keep your mother sustained, by writing a check to cover a fraction of our monthly shortage.

Imagine that.. A mere employment aquaintance rising to the occasion when other family members fall short of grace. She expects nothing in return other than paying it forward to someone else in need.

JUST A MOM said...

hey you glad you wrote it.... isn't there a church that can help out with some of her stuff... sorry been a while but I have stopped by. hang in there and SEND THAT LETTER let them know that we are in agreement with you too hhahahhaa