Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Soccer/VBS Camp

My daughter is at Soccer/VBS camp this week. It was a perfectly free camp and she got a t-shirt. Yes, it is a horrendously ugly orange and yellow tie dye shirt, but it is a t-shirt none-the-less. She is super excited and she is loving it.

Tuesday she was happy as a clam and wanted me to buy cleats and shin pads and soccer shorts AND soccer socks. Uhm...nope. Not for a short camp like this one. Told her is she remained in it for the fall, I would go spend the money, but not until then. She was a little upset that she almost made a goal and someone came and took the ball away. She was also mad that someone made fun of her and laughed at her, but overall, it has been good for her.

Today I am going to sit in and watch a part of the practice before I leave. I'm bringing a trusty chair and I just want to sit in and see how she is actually listening and how she is doing with the classes. (I promise I won't stay long!!)

Anyhow, I better be going. Its almost that time. Take care.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

So, what did you think? How did she do? Sounds like she is having fun. At least it is only for a week though....kind of giving you just a taste instead of a full plate!