Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Doctor Update!!

I went for a doctor's visit today with my primary care doctor cause I needed more pain medication. In any case, he asked if I had been to the rhuemy and I stated yes and proceeded to tell him how my two visits with the rheumy have gone thus far. He first of all can't believe that he would tell me I have arthritis in my hands, but tell me in the same breath that all my lab work is normal and that it isn't RA. He also couldn't believe that he (the rheumy) flung the Fibro diagnosis on me cause I asked why I was in so much pain if it wasn't RA. (Of course I was upset and crying, but that still is no reason to do so.) Primary Dr also can't believe that the rheumy has never once sent him any reports of my visits and there have been two so far with another following in Sept. Primary Dr is convinced that the rheumy is wrong and is darn sure I have RA, despite what the rheumy says. He has had me on anti-inflamitories for about 8 months. At the time of the lab work for the rheumy, it was 6 months, so he knows what he is doing is working. We also know that. He also said that the inflammation I get is NOT from fibro. Primary Dr. and I filled out paper work and he is requesting my complete file from the rheumy and he will call me within the next week or so.

I was just shocked that the primary Dr agreed with me about everything!! YEAH!! So, now I sit and wait. At least I can do it with a little less pain. Primary Dr gave me more pain meds!! YEAH him!!! I love my primary Dr!! LOL!! So, now we shall see!!

2 comments:

We're Blessed said...

Sounds like a mess! I will continue to hold you up in prayer. I hope this all gets straightened out soon...so maybe you can get the help you need.

Julie said...

There are more than blood tests to tell you if you have RA- you may need a new rhumy-