Sunday, July 26, 2009

20 bucks?!

What can you get for 20 bucks now-a-days? Here is what we got today while out shopping:





Not too bad if I do say so myself. Here is a basic run down of all we got. Anna and I had fun.

Wal*mart:

*Two loaves of bread 1.47 each

*0ne pair of running shoes for Anna $10

Office*Depot:

*6 packages of glue sticks at 20 cents each

Office*Max:

*6 boxes of crayons at 1 cent each

*6 folders at 25 cents each

Barnes*and*Noble:

*Book for Anna free

Krispy*Creme:

*2 donuts and 1 milk $3.54

Okay. So the glue sticks had a limit of 3, but when you get your child to check out and she's old enough we can get six. Same with the crayons. Limit 3, but Anna also checked out, so we got six.

Anna really needed some new running shoes that fit and they were listed in the Wal*Mart flyer for $9 so we went to look. Of course, knowing my luck, we could never find the sale shoes, but the ones she got were only $10, so I figured that was pretty good.

Krispy*Creme was NOT on the list of places to stop at, but one place, not listed, didn't open till 12 and I needed a potty break, so we went on over. Of course you can't use the facilities without buying at least one donut. LOL!! We got one each and shared a milk.

Barnes*&*Noble has a summer reading program and if your kids read 8 books and write their favorite part of the book down, you take that in and the kids get a free book from a certain selection. It was great!! Anna loves to read, so what better encouragement than a free book.

Anyhow, that was our fun of the morning. We got some good deals, most of which we will donate to a back to school drive or two for less fortunate kids and we had fun at the same time. When the money ran out, we came home. And yes, I only took $20. I had 50 cents in my purse, so it may be just over 20, but not too bad in my opinion.

Have a good week all. Take care and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Enid said...

I think was a good day of sales!!

We're Blessed said...

I LOVE it when the kids can buy the "limit" too! I've been doing it for years!!! LOLOL Sounds like you both did great!