Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Keep One/Toss One

OK, I know its a weird title, but its what I did to two recipes yesterday. Yesterday I was feeling adventurous, so I sought out two types of recipes. One was for sugar cookies. I have been craving home made sugar cookies for some reason, so I searched online for a recipe and one for cinnamon sticks or rolls. I found an awesome sugar cookie recipe. The batter was even good. Yes, I still eat raw batter after all these years and I'm still alive and kicking. The cinnamon sticks recipe was awful!! They turned hard as a rock within two seconds of taking them out of the oven. They were so gross. Never using that one again and I will still have to keep looking. For anyone that's interested, here is the sugar cookie recipe:

2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder and set to the side.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. (I melted the butter to make it super easy.) Beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. Gradually mix in the flour mixture.
5. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. (I guessed. LOL)
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven or until golden in color.
7. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. (I don't have wire racks, so I put out clean towels. It worked.)
8. Enjoy yummy home made cookies.

They were really good. Glad I found that recipe. Now I will still have to find one for cinnamon rolls or sticks that's better than the last one. It was more biscuit type and definitely not appetizing.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

That's Great!/That's a Bummer! Ok, I couldn't resist! LOL I have a recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls, somewhere..I will have to look for it. Have you tried www.allrecipes.com? I have found some of my best/favorite recipes on that site...and most of the recipes have been tested/rated by other users. Just a thought!