Saturday, August 8, 2009

Too Much?

I have come to the realization recently that maybe we are doing too much school work. I mean we have to do the basics, Language Arts and Math, but by the time I do those, who really wants to do Science and Social Studies? I mean honestly, Anna loves them, but I am thinking of skipping out on them this year and letting her do Switched on Schoolhouse on the computer next year. What are your thoughts on this? I'm not too hot in either subject to be quite honest and while I don't mind her being interested, by the time we do math, writing, grammar, reading and spelling; to be quite honest I'm exhausted and don't really care to teach those. Is taking one year off those two going to kill us? I mean we'll still do them to some degree, but do we have to have a structured program for them? Can't we just read books and other things of that nature till next year? Hmmmm!!!! Now I've got myself thinking. Stay tuned. I may have my own answer later in the day. Your thoughts will also be helpful and appreciated! Thanks.

1 comment:

Enid said...

David will get his science in GRACE, Erin will take it next semester. And everyday life is plenty, find a bug/plant and research about that...lol