Monday, September 13, 2010

Meeting

Tomorrow we meet with Anna's teacher and the principal about her schooling. She seems to understand and know how to do the work, but has absolutely no idea how to work independently to complete it. She is too used to me sitting there saying do this one and do this one and now do this one. She has absolutely no idea how to do work on her own and especially not with all the distractions of a classroom. She doesn't understand the consequences of not getting her work done and even if she says she does, she doesn't remember when she would need to. We are going to try and set a plan in place between us, the teacher and the principal. It may be that she needs a "buddy" to check in on her and make sure that she is doing the assigned work, not helping her, but just making sure she has done it...kind of what I do, but someone in her class. We may just need to let her see the grades she'll get if she doesn't do her work. Maybe threaten her with repeating 3rd grade? UGH! I don't know. I just know that we are meeting them tomorrow. I'm praying for understanding and results. We will need to have a plan in place.

We started working on her diorama today for her reading project. She seems set on doing this, so even though she has absolutely no clue what one is, we are doing one. She will still have a written portion of the project, but it will be her work. Today I showed her how to make 3-D grass with her construction paper. That was fun to watch. I'll post pictures of her progress and the finished work next week when she's completely done. YES, I have been taking pictures of her working on her diorama. It is her first big project. I am not reading the book. This is all on her. Her project and her work. I may show her how to do things, but I am not doing it. The pictures ought to be fun to watch.

Alright. Time for me to crash in bed. Have a good night. Take care all.