Friday, December 14, 2007

Laws of Children

Here is a law of children that I never thought of before...

When it is 34 degrees outside and cold, wet, and very drizzly, with a wind chill of 28, that is when your six year old will inevitably ask to go to the park. UGH!!

Alright, I know it is icy and colder elsewhere, but it down right cold for us being in Texas and my darling daughter is begging me to go to the park. I have side-tracked her with wrapping Daddy's gifts, (No dear, you will NOT find out for 10 more days what you are getting...and NO bugging Anna to find out.) watched the Barbie Nutcracker movie, read a book, finished school, washed dishes, cleaned the stove, etc, etc. She STILL insists on going to the park. Sorry kiddo, but not in this lifetime. I love you very, very much. But I am not going to freeze my behind off in freezing temperatures to watch you play at the park. Sorry!

Any other hints to side-track her will be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

WyldJoker said...

Ah Come-on! You should of taken her to the park! just bring a warming bottle for that butt! She must of been so heart broken, too! She told me what yall wrapped already :-) dont worry I'll practice my surprised look and have it ready before Christmas comes. :-)

JUST A MOM said...

COOKIES BAKE COOKIES.... oh I o hope she did not tell and he should have plugged his ears if she did... have a warm weekend.