Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Great Opportunity

Well, last night at work I was offered a GREAT opportunity, but I am afraid I will be turning it down. My boss at work offered me a department head position, if I will go back to full-time (we had toyed with this idea some already). After some thought and much debate, we have determined that it is not in the best interest of our family at this current moment. With Anna being homeschooled, (and that is not something we are willing to give up) and our current family status, we decided it is not something we can do at the moment. Yes, I would absolutely LOVE to be department head, but I can not guarantee that I will have the childcare arrangements necessary for Anna, especially not with homeschooling. Anna really enjoys the homeschool and so do I. Maybe at another time. We figured in the costs of childcare of some sort, and then with the bit more I would be making, it would all be gone to childcare. I think the best thing for our family is for me to say thanks for the offer, but at this time I can not guarantee a commitment (which he wanted) and it is not in our families best interest at the current moment. As much as I wanted to go full-time, that is not a schedule that will work for us right now.

1 comment:

JUST A MOM said...

OMGosh you are so brave,,, In your home schooling AND in making the decision to put your family first. I think it is great. Not many moms would do it.

It is nice to meet you and I would like to catch up on your blog/life.


Jaye