Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What a Couple of Months

Well, we have had quite an interesting couple of months.  We opted to get another dog about 5 weeks ago.  She was a cute little thing and we changed her name to Callie.  (I'd post a picture, but that means I'd have to get them off the camera.) She was a sweet cuddly dog at first, but showed aggression to Wall-E.  It was minor at first, but as the weeks progressed, the aggression seemed to be getting worse and Wall-E was wearing bite marks and scratch marks from her all over his belly.  She then decided that she hated Jeremy one day while he was trying to clean up her poop mess from the den and wouldn't let him near it to clean it up.  She attacked Wall-E, who was just coming in to investigate.  Sigh.  This was the final straw.  We had to give her back.  But that in itself turned out to be a long lengthy matter.  Let's just say for times sake and so I don't have to explain the whole thing, that she is back at the shelter she started from, who said she was always supposed to be an only dog.  Sigh!  The things we find out long after the fact. 

(WARNING FOR MALE READERS---TMI coming up)

I am heading in for surgery on the 5th.  Yes, in two days.  After much pain and deliberation and heartache and sadness, I am having a hysterectomy done.  Pain is the big deciding factor in this decision.  The cycles were causing too much stress, heartache and pain.  They are/were flaring my RA to crazy ridiculous levels of pain.  Heartache and sadness, well, put anyone in my position who wanted a baby and know that this method is now forever out of reach and it is bound to cause some heartache.  Aches at knowing that this will indeed never happen, as well as aches of know that you will never give a family to your loved one like her wants.  It is what it is.  My husband and I decided this together.  Anna was also included in the decision.  This is what is best for me health wise and my family. 

Unfortunately, I will be off work for a few weeks and will likely go crazy at home.  I will also be missing the big sale at work, although I will need to go buy something that day for our homeschool.  It will be that last book we are missing, so that won't be too bad.  (Under $20) 

I guess that's the shortened version for now.  I have better news from our family day trip on June 22nd, but that will come later.  (Again, the pictures are on the camera. LOL) 

No comments: