Monday, July 9, 2012

Surgery Done

Well, I am now 4 days post hysterectomy.  I am glad to say that I was home by lunch time on Friday, less than 24 hours after the surgery, unlike my previous surgery, where I had 4 days in the hospital.  Overall, things went rather well.  The robotic surgery was much easier and less painful than the traditional surgery.  I'm very glad that the surgery is over.  Now, I will be even happier when the pain from the surgery is gone too.  This was definitely easier than previous one, but still, recovering from surgery stinks.  LOL!  They discovered a very enlarged uterus when they went in to pull it out.  The thing went from one hip to another, literally.  They also discovered adenomyosis, which was the reason for most of my issues.  I had fibroids in there as well as cysts again.  I will never be plagued with those issues of pain again.  That in itself makes me a happy camper.  Now, if I could just hurry up and wait for this recovery thing to be done.  LOL!  I'm not a patient waiter.  I've watched more TV since my surgery than I care to admit.  I'm all caught up now.  Seen several episodes multiple times. 

I guess that's all.  We have started back to a school routine today, even if it was on the couch and things seem to be going fine.  I'll check back on here later.  Take care all. 

No comments: