Monday, May 2, 2011

Plant Study

Anna and I are reading about plants in school, so what better way to learn than to see which plant will grow faster and taller. So, we planted Sunflowers and Daisies. We have had fun watching them sprout so quickly. We labeled the pots and set them to grow. Here are some pictures.



Day 1:



Day 4 (Sunflower sprouted first):


Day 5 (Sunflower is growing fast):

Day 6 (You can't see it, but the daisy did finally sprout):


Day 8 (We planted the sunflowers outside):



We have had a great time and have since reused the sunflower pot to start some morning glories. They will be blue. They are doing really well too. We still have one daisy sprout, but its not near strong enough to be taken outside yet. I'm praying that it stays alive to make it that far. The sunflowers are still doing good outside, which is surprising. I thought for sure we would lose them with the cold we have had lately. I'm about to take the morning glories outside for transplanting too and start some more inside. Its been a lot of fun and she has enjoyed it and so have I. Its fun to watch them grow. We will continue this through the spring. I will bring you some more updates as we get them. It was well worth it.

1 comment:

Sarah Boyette said...

I love that idea and just might steal it!